This programme is designed to develop learners with the competencies based on the skills profile for the system support career path.
Learners build on foundational technical skills acquired at NQF level 4, via the FETC:
IT Technical Support or equivalent. This qualification expands the following specialisation(s):
– Hardware and Infrastructure Support for personal computers
– Data Communication and Network Support
– Hardware and Infrastructure Support for office products, with further specialisation(s) into IT Support fields or in any other related markets
As a company you can claim back your skills development spend.
• Configuring Windows Server Active Directory (70-640)
• Configuring Windows Server Network Infrastructure (70-642)
• Windows Server Administration (70-646)
• Configuring Windows Server Applications Infrastructure (70-643)
• Windows Server Enterprise Administration (70- 647)
• Project + (PKO-003)
This programme includes a compulsory Workplace Learning component.Workplace learning provides important opportunities for professional and personal growth. It addresses specific competencies identified for the acquisition of the qualification, which relates to the development of skills that will make the learner employable and will assist in developing his/her personal skills.
MICT SETA has granted ICTWORX accreditation for this learning programme:
End User Computing.
This is a full time, accredited NQF programme with MICT SETA
This is a 1 year programme.
Foundational skills in English and Mathematics at NQF level 4/Grade 12 or equivalent ability to use a personal computer competently.
Please contact us for pricing. All programmes are customizable